View Single Post
Old 03-06-2007, 09:53 AM   #7 (permalink)
agentSmith
MCB Member

There are several places to get them now, for instance http://www.usmilitarygear.com is a great seller, but at the time I ordered mine I went with http://www.xtremez.com/paintball/pro...ept=54&last=54

Great Place to buy it. I called the Miltec US phone number from one of the ads in APG and the phone rang at xtremez store, so I figured I was safe. I've only seen one G1 on ebay and as you can imagine G1 and G2 are pretty regular searches for me

Because I need a good surface on top of the mag to mill the front loading port the way I like and a good amount of metal on the front co2 section to mill the side dropout, I prefer this model.

Another thing I like about this model over the Warsensor is the balance of it. The Warsensor attempts to balance the Zeus G2+ like a real firearm handgun by putting a very heavy grip frame on it(Warsensor at bottom).

The Armo/Miltecs have a carbon fiber cutout grip, while the Warsensor has an aluminum grip that is not skeletonized at all! The Warsensor grip is supposedly a 'beretta' style. I ground that beavertail which made the gun shoot low for me off and the Warsensor grip was then identical in shape, size and width to the 45 grip, so I wonder if it's truly a beretta copy. The square front trigger guard of the Warsensor also hindered holstering motions, especially crouched in a bunker, like the excessive milling and top mounted magfollowers of the Ariakons.

I think paintball pistols have suffered the most when it comes to applying their firearm counterpart's principles incorrectly. When the recoil is light(like varmint rifles and paintguns), a front heavy balance will improve consistency. With Heavy relative recoil, like shotguns and handguns, the gun must be balanced to ride out the wave of recoil.

Rob

agentSmith is offline   Reply With Quote