View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 12:11 AM   #6 (permalink)
uv_halo
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhmercracer View Post
Looks great!
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhileyOFish View Post
lawl, maybe. I know what you mean in regards to electros with single triggers. I love the SP-1. Sweet gun
Thanks! Back in the day, when most electros had single finger triggers and sight rails, I couldn't afford one. I have an SP-1 myself as I'm positioning it to be my backup gun for my T9 with FS rounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by druid View Post
very nice. I see you were inspired by my Warp covers on my A5
Actually, you just gave me motivation You see, I had used marpat as tube cover back when it was qloaded. I transferred that idea over to the warp feed hosing. I was sitting on the fence about trying to duracoat the warp feed, or to just build a cover when I saw yours. I thought- it doesn't look half bad so I said 'screw the time, cost and effort of doing the duracoat, just build a cover' How do you keep yours on? Mine's open in the back (for easy access to battery compartment and feed button) and I use two attached velcro straps (one on the top and one on the rear) to hold it on and it works pretty good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maninblack View Post
Cool, despite the inherit wrongness in mixing AGD and SP stuff together :P

I use a warp also and love it!
I agree but, AGD did give me some help in doing it (they passed me to a very knowledgeable former AGD technician who happened to be an acquaintance of mine) :P

On a related note, I find it very sad that just about every paintball marker manufacturer out there is stuck on completely integrating every piece they can... It results in things like the 'tactical angel kit'... Honestly, I think SP more or less screwed up and did something right when they were trying to just keep manufacturing costs down on the Ion, when they ultimately made something that could have just about every single piece replaced with aftermarket components that could be relatively easily manufactured, allowing for total user customization.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
First strike rounds punish lazy people. Don't be lazy and you won't have problems with first strikes.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote