View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 11:34 AM   #9 (permalink)
uv_halo
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Tooth View Post
Why are there two scuba tanks sitting in the chrono range covered in paint?

I want them.
I'm assuming that they were past hydro. They've been there for years now :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by druid View Post
LOL...thanks. I too considered duracoat but thought better of it.

Yeah...I bought a few yards of MARPAT on EBay for a project involving my daughter's scenario vest. After I was done with it, I have about a yard x 50" left. I made a paper template to go over/around the Warp and it attaches over the TOP with two bands of Velcro and one big "flap" underneath to access the battery door - as opposed to the 'rear' on yours. Mine also sports the 12V mod so 'power' is not an issue. I've not needed to use the "advance" button so I never made a provision to have direct access to it...but I can get to it by just pushing the cover and it turns [if I need to]. I also have an on/off slider switch installed onto the back of mine so I needed direct access to it...which is why I left the back [faces me] open.
I guess the overall shape of mine is roughly like a square with only the front edge and bottom edge sewn shut. The .5" velcro strap across the top opening keeps it from falling downwards and, the velcro strap on the back keeps it from sliding forward.

I never did the on/off mod. One thing I did do when I did the Big Cell mod was I used a viewloader battery contact board (rewired to do parallel) so I don't have to mess with battery leads. If I decide to mess with wiring again, I have another contact board that I could mod for the 12v, and I'll redo the wiring so that I can swap between the two boards.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is online now   Reply With Quote