View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 01:15 PM   #18 (permalink)
desertT1
Slowly making progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyweightnate View Post
I'd recommend a Nylon or rubber washer between the hammer and ram instead of a bumper on the ram itself. It's harder to screw up and does the same job.
But then you have to take the ram apart. Actually, you have to take it apart either way... been a while since I did mine.

If you (psycho91) are going to do that, there is a set screw that has thread lock on and so does the front of the ram shaft. Use some rubber, lead tape, or cloth tape on the ram shaft so you don't scratch it when you grip it.

I put a slightly softer ram spring in mine, but haven't shot it for more than 200 shots since then to have it broken in. I have had Splattt's bumper mod in there for about 5 years now and it's held up pretty well, but yes, I'd prbably recommend just using nylon washers. I have an LPR and it makes a huge difference in sound signature, kick, and probably does a little bump to shots per tank. I'm going to try mu best to use it later this month and have a whole case of the new Visual Impact to test out with my beloved yet ignored DITS.

>>> Link to prototype Dust Devil<<<

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is online now   Reply With Quote