View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 04:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
mxmtl
MQ2 Pumper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLuke View Post
i really dont care much about leg exersizes, i can leg press more than enough, just chest and some of my upperbody is lacking.
Leg press is too easy. Even at 5' 6" and weighing a buck fifty, I can press 10 x 45# plates on each side for reps. I try to avoid the leg press unless I'm doing a high volume program where I can lower the weight because the reps are high enough and rest between sets is short enough. I hate loading (and unloading as a courtesy) that many plates.

Quote:
I have major problems when two hands are involved with lifting weights (bench press, 2x dumbells) my balance with them sucks, i can jump on the bench machine to try it out and do 150-200 pounds ok for about 8 to 10 reps but when i jump on just the regular free weights im lucky if i can manage 100 pounds.
How long have you been lifting? It takes practice with free weights. Don't be too proud to start out with lighter weights until you get the balance down.

Quote:
Just hoping this thread can mabey help eachother out with exersize plans, im seriously having a hard time staying motivated, i can only manage about 2 or 3 weeks at the gym before i spaz out and have to do something else like video games again or something lol.
I feel like going to the gym maybe half the time. I dread it the most on leg day when I've got a high volume workout with lunges. Motivation is a personal thing. It's how bad you need to work out. I've got health issues that appear when I don't work out, and my family history of heart disease and diabetes keeps me motivated. It's negative motivation, but it works for me.

I get positive motivation when I visit sites like SimplyShredded.com, but that doesn't get me into the gym on those days when I don't feel like it. Imagining myself overweight, my body hurting from statins, having to stick my hand to check my blood glucose, daily insulin injections, and having to pass on Pizza, Beer, and Krispy Kreme donuts the rest of my life gets me into the gym.

Changing your weight lifting program every 4-6 weeks will help. I get real bored with a program any longer than that. I've only gone as long as 10-12 weeks before I *had to* change it because I was bored to tears.
mxmtl is offline   Reply With Quote