View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 03:06 PM   #22 (permalink)
agentSmith
Post Whore

I fired a modified Quigley with the old M60A3 at a gunnery range in Germany once. Our tank was driving at 15mph, the targets were supposed to be a personnel carrier to engage with the main gun and then troop targets in front of it to engage with the coaxial machine gun after, both about 2700m out.

I was so jacked up I lazed and blazed on the first panel I saw and blew a main gun hole in a troop target causing them to lock in the up postion. They ceasefired us, had us go back and do it again after they got the targets working. My TC was razzing me, saying I couldn't do that again in a million years. Daring me is not good...
On the next run I blew the personnel target off the post, the target heat round skipped off the ground and holed the personnel carrier target knocking it down too. The range CSM called target(PC) and coverage(troops). One of the other tanks watching complained that I didn't engage the troops with the coax.
The range CSM's reply I will remember forever.

"IF THE ________ NEXT TO ME GOT SUCKED INSIDE OUT, I'D _________ WELL BE COVERED!"

Ahhh the ole days, some good, some bad...

Rob

agentSmith is offline   Reply With Quote