Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Clarksburg, CA
Sac Pump Day annual 3 man pump tournament July 29
This is our annual random draw tournament at the Sac Pump Day Field near Sacramento, CA. We are expecting a great event with lots of prizes and fun. If you can make it to Northern CA please join us. Camper/trailer space available, camping permitted, cheapo motel nearby, rides from the airport by arrangement, etc. Heck, I'll pick you up at the Greyhound bus depot if you want. Please think about joining us for a fun time at one of North America's premier private pump fields. Peter
There is a discussion thread for this tourney at POG - Paint :: View topic - Sac Pump Day LI - 3 Man Random Draw Tourney - July 29th
Three Man Random Draw Pump Paintball Tournament
Sunday, July 29th, 2007
Cost: $15.00 per player
Teams: once you've paid, put your name in a hat and 3 people are drawn at random for a team.
Scoring: done on a simple point system where points are awarded for players shot, players still alive, and flag pull/hang. The team with the most points at the end is the winner.
1 point for every player you shoot
1 point for every player still alive on your team
1 point for the flag pull
3 points for the flag hang
total points per game: 10
1st Place: 3 NIB Sheridan PGP2K's (one per player)
2nd Place: 3 Cases of Paint (one per player)
3rd Place: 3 Somethings...TBA (one per player)
All players who are registered for the tournament (those who have paid) are eligible for the raffle. Your names will be put back in the hat and at the end of the day we will draw names for raffle prizes. Peter has hand crafted a deer antler Bowie knife as the main raffle prize and we will have other great stuff as well!
General Pump Day Info...also available at FirePro84's Webpage
SACRAMENTO PUMP DAY
For over 4 years now, we've had a Pump Day once a month, every month, averaging anywhere from 15 - 50 people each day. The field has changed regularly over this time to evolve to what we have today. It has many different bunkers and will accommodate up to 15 vs. 15 play. The field is a speedball-based field built out of plywood, Spools, Palates, and other items. Bunkers include 'T' bunkers, 'V' bunkers, a 'snake', Center '50', etc. There is also a tree line on one side we call the tunnel, providing good cover which is in play. Players can use this to sneak around the field and get to opposite 30 bunkers relatively un-noticed. Over the time we've played, the regulars have come up with names for many of the bunkers such as shower, house, wheelbarrow, gate, shovel, star king, Wigums bunker, Jasons bunker, and Tims bunker, after the safety orientation feel free to walk the field and ask one of us what is what.
Peter "Wharf Rat" Simpson & Tim "FirePro84" Firpo
Peter Simpson's Private Field / Sacramento, CA
Sunday, July 29th
9am - 6pm ... Play will begin when people show up and go until we decide to quit...usually its 9 - 6
Admission is FREE, Air / C02 is FREE, Gun loans (if needed) are FREE, Lunch/Drinks (hot dogs) is FREE, RESTROOMS ARE FREE! Wink
All paintball players are welcome, beginners to tourney veterans.
Attitude and safety violations not tolerated. Come out to have a good time and be safe.
WHAT TO BRING:
There will USUALLY be paint for sale.
· POT LUCK FOOD! any kind of meat for BBQ or chips or side dishes!
· Mask (we will have a few loaners)
· C02 / HPA Tank (we will have loaners)
· Scuba Tanks (if you have any)
· Pump Gun(s) (WE WILL SUPPLY YOU WITH A GUN IF YOU DONT ALREADY HAVE ONE!)
· A Digital Camera (if desired. Pics can be sent to me afterwards for posting in the gallery)
RULES FOR THE FIELD:
- When you're on the field: MASK ON.
- When you're off the field: BARREL PLUG IN.
- NO alcohol allowed during play, do not create unsafe situations.
- DON'T shoot over the netting intentionally, it's there for a reason.
- DON'T shoot without a barrel cover in the parking lot.
- DON'T have bad attitudes towards other players.
- DON'T overshoot other players, more than 3 balls is overshooting.
- If you violate any of these rules, you may be asked to sit out a game or leave.
RULES FOR PLAY:
The day is based around pump guns, and we may play theme games such as "Terminator", "Zombie", or things like that where semi's are allowed. LIMITED SEMI PLAY WILL BE ALLOWED DURING THE DAY (see below rules). We also play mix and match games with pumps and semi's after 2 PM, but we try to keep semi's to a minimum, that's not what the day is about. We will play different game styles such as: Elimination, Capture The Flag, Center Flag, 1v1, "Terminator", etc...
RULES FOR SEMIS:
1. Semi's will not be allowed on the field until after 2pm.
2. semi's include any gun that doesnt require a pump after each shot to fire it.
3. Semi's can only bring 1 hopper of paint on the field when playing. NO PODS.
4. semi's include pistols. Pistols may only carry a clip full + 2 spares or 10rd tubes on the field. Pistols ARE allowed before 2pm.
5. semi's must be chrono'd at 280, just like every other gun.
6. more than 3 shots on someone is OVERSHOOTING, please dont do it...if you see a hand/gun up, they're out.
RULES FOR AIR FILLS:
The CO2 and HPA fill stations are both operational and free of charge, if you know how to use them to fill tanks, please fill your own, if you would like to be taught how to at the begining of the day Peter or I will be happy to show you. If you do not know how and would rather not do it yourself you may find one of the regulars, and ask them for help.
Scourge of the Spaceways