View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 11:13 PM   #14 (permalink)
Manning
is my hero

Palmers Fan
Thanks for the tips so far. Keep em coming!

When I was a tanker in the army I started in the loader position. I was to load 75lb 120mm shells in seven seconds. My tank commander didn't like the idea of not being able to shoot for those seven seconds so he gave me some tips on how to load faster using different methods to decrease my time by minimizing unneccesary movements. After my first gunnery I was down to 3.25 seconds. By the time I got out I was down to 2.38 seconds(best in the battalion, thank you, no autographs please) and loading for multiple crews during competitive gunnery runs. Though almost 5 seconds difference between shots may not sound like a big deal, count it out loud yourself and see how long that feels. Especially if you were staring at an enemy tank with a crew trying to kill you.

I bring this up as one of the reasons I started this thread. AgentSmith's tip is a great example of moving in the most efficient way possible. Everyone seems to have things that work for them so please keep sharing no matter how trivial it is. If it helps you, throw it out there!
Feedback thread: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is online now   Reply With Quote