View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 11:35 PM   #14 (permalink)
Detachment Bravo
Ginger Commander
Detachment Bravo's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Denver, CO

Originally Posted by heinous View Post
some people call duct tape duck tape. then a duct tape company appeared that's actually called duck tape...
Duct tape is actually different from duck tape, although both names have come to refer to the latter.

Duct tape is metallic and used for HVAC.

Duck tape is what we are more familiar with and was designed specifically to maintain adhesion even if it became wet, hence the "duck" nickname.
Detachment Bravo's Marker Classification System:
Originally Posted by Detachment Bravo View Post
Space Dildo: Comes in many colors. Has lots of pretty lights and electronics. Multiple speed settings. Needs lots of lube.

Mechanical Lover: Characterized by all mechanical operation. Lots of hoses, valves, regulators, etc. Also needs lots of lube. Careful, they bite.

Sloppy Seconds: Any double stack blow back derivative. If it ain't broke, send it off to China and make gazillions of them.

Manual Labor: All you need is your hand. Just pump.

Old Wood: If it can give you splinters or can club a moose to death.
Detachment Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote