View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 01:46 AM   #2 (permalink)
russc
Wookie D*ck

Hah, I thought every "bunker" I read about was a concrete WW2 pillbox. I was sorely disappointed.

Paintball was almost exactly like what I expected, because we went out into construction yards and backwoods and basically played cops and robbers. We all used Talon Ghosts and used ski or shop goggles for protection. I made my own silencer that was attached with duct tape, and put a sling on the back. None of us had ever heard of paintball tournaments. This was about 2003.

After a summer of doing our own thing, I started searching the net and found sites like this:

The Coolest Gun in the World

The CGW was a huge influence in me choosing a Phantom as my first "real" gun. I had dreams of picking guys off at 200 yards, but the reality hit home fast once I got it. It *was* a whole lot better than my Talon, but I learned pretty quick that I had to get close to make my shots count. I played with the Talon once at a real field before getting my Phantom, and I'd use a 100 bag each day. I was scraping by, so 5 bucks in gas to get to the field and back, free entry for gun owners in the summer, and 8 bucks for a bag of paint. That's pretty much why I stuck with pump...I was a cheap ***. Still am.

I can honestly say my whole play style evolved around using as little paint and 12 grams as possible. No head on shootouts, always going around. No staying out trying to tag someone, just snapping out to make the other guy use his paint.

Anyways:

1) “What type of game did you want to play when you first got into paintball?”

Long range shots, stealth and crawling. I never imagined how much paint would be shot at a real field.

2) “What made you progress to your current preferred style of play?”

A tight wallet.

Last edited by russc; 04-19-2011 at 01:54 AM.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote