View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 09:25 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lohman446
MCBs armed pacifist

None... New Balance makes a handful of shoes in America but none of them are a true performance shoe. I failed at finding a good American made performance shoe - and this bothers me a bit.

I pronate slightly but because I am a mid / forefoot runner this is not a major issue. Though on long runs or when I'm tired I tend to go into more of a jog than a run and it can become an issue. Being conscious of it I mostly overcome it. Arches are low. In the off season I become less than ideal in build for running, in running season I tend to slim down by the end of it (theres about a 20lb swing there, I know I should not have it but I do).

I also found the 890 arch support was no the issue. They are so narrow that the upper of the shoe was actually acting as a landing pad, and the laces were holding it in place.
"Do not overcome by the evil, but overcome, in the good, the evil" - Romans 12:21 - Young's Literal Translation

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is online now   Reply With Quote