View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 09:13 PM   #49 (permalink)
oldschool
Moderating in Moderation

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyW0nka View Post
Every sport has its cowboys. You don't think the NFL, NBA, MLB or NHL have ever suspended or fined players? He's a competitive athlete playing for money, glory and the general love of running out on the field blasting people with his team. He doesn't ALWAYS over shoot (I saw a video of him surrender an X-factor player instead of bunkering him, as he was standing directly behind him with his barrel pointed at the back of his head, and tapped him on the the shoulder) but it happens, deal with it.

Exactly - they get fined and suspended, and lose sponsorships - the same should happen in paintball. This game will never be taken seriously as long as this kind of behavior is tolerated - on either side. And the above is evidence that he can control himself. I love running around and blasting people too. I have a great time when I play. But I won't play with cheaters and I won't play where the rules are not enforced and cheating tolerated. And I won't inflict pain on someone for cheating. They are cheating - you win cheating? You have not won anything - it's a fraud and a scam then and the win and trophy hold nothing. I don't get angry or feel the need to teach someone a lesson. I leave that to the parents and teacher of the children, some of whom have obviously not done a good job. I take my money and I find somewhere else to play

Chris does a good job at being the bad guy so that people like you don't have to worry about people like Kyle Stahl wiping 10 hits a game. You're welcome.

Please don't ever say that someone intentionally hurt some one for me. I don't worry about people like that because I won't play with people like that. I take my money and walk if something is not done.

Have you been to a national event in the past 10 years? It doesn't work that way anymore. Too many people complaining and not enough people that care. Pretty much the reason why I hate the PSP.

No I have not, because of what I see and hear. I don't need to see people giving a game I like a bad name.

Sorry you're just now realizing other people are stuck doing your dirt for you. Blame irresponsible managers and employees that are running the fields or refereeing that don't care, not the people who are man enough to do something about it.

No one is stuck doing the dirt for me. I do blame irresponsible managers and employees. And I blame the people who are "man" enough. Being man enough is walking off the field and not playing, not behaving like a child and going out to inflict harm on another person, that's behaving like a child, not a man.

I agree completely. That's why I support local and regional leagues, as they provide an alternative to the teams that have been screwed by the NPPL or PSP, then brushed off when they voiced their complaint. These large leagues aren't cracking down on cheating like they should and there aren't as many qualified or dedicated refs as you'd want on the fields. When a team gets shafted, it's almost like they have to go look for a brick wall to talk to for 45 minutes so that nothing can come of it other than a waste of 45 minutes.

If teams were dealt with sternly for cheating, people like Chris wouldn't need to drop the hammer on the thugs because they wouldn't be allowed on the field in the first place!

Exactly. However, and I have never met Chris or any of the other "PRO" players, except for Bea and Jessica, they could take the high road and be an example and a leader of elevating sportsmanlike conduct in the game. They are recognized names, they have influence. They could be a better examples. No matter what someone does, its a GAME, there is no call to purposely hurt someone in a GAME.

So long as he's not sitting on his porch with a shotgun when we get there, I'm with you. I like this site, it's one of the last few websites that isn't run by a few different paintball company's advertising dollars.

That was 6 years before today's best tournament player in the world was even born haha...

LOL

When you don't tolerate cheaters, nobody has to "do something about the cheater". Once again, the refs/management doing their job prevents the need for a vigilante.

Yes again - and take your money and walk, management will get the message when they close up because no one is playing at their field/event.

No. You cause physical pain to someone on purpose when they're cheating and being a jerk and the field owner isn't doing anything about it. That's not gang behavior, that's being a man. Wussification of America. Since when was standing up for yourself or others "gang behavior"? If some guy is cheating all day, the field owner does nothing about it so you just pack up and leave and never come back, he's still there wiping hits for the rest of the day. Probably the next weekend too.

So your playing a GAME and someone cheats and you hurt them? Didn't your mom or school teachers teach you to just walk away and not play with cheaters? And when the cheating child is all alone and no one plays with him, he doesn't get it? I have much more respect for a team/player that refuses to play because of poor reffing, cheating, etc. than a team/player that sinks to that level of play. Wussification? Being a man? it's a GAME, this behavior is typical of children playing a game, not men. Nothing about being a man ever consists of going out and hurting other people. That's a child. Standing up for your rights and what you believe in is one thing. Hurting other people for cheating at a GAME is another.

If you and 2 other people shoot him 20 times every game after that, who is the one is going to want to leave the field and not come back now? The guy that has a pepperoni pizza on his back side.

You are worse than the cheater in this case. He cheated at a GAME, you intentionally went out of your way to hurt someone. For cheating at a GAME.

Well since option 3 involves starting your own paintball league I think it's safe to assume most people are going to go with option 1 or 2. I don't know about you, but I have more fun playing than working, which is why I choose to play at the local field instead of work there.

You guys need to realize how lucky you have it at the fields or tournaments where there aren't jerks. This isn't your father's PGP in the woods 15-man paintball anymore. Most tournament players are probably in the 16-29 age range (testosterone = through the roof) and are under some illusion that cheating, stealing, malicious overshooting and screaming at refs is somehow ok. Hence why at World Cup, you see the most thefts, wipes, bonus balls and arguments.

High school and collegiate and professional athletes are in that same age bracket. They manage to control themselves, with few exceptions and those that display unsportsmanlike conduct get punished for it. If your going to promote the sport then you need to act and behave in a sportsmanlike mannner and be a good example and promote the good aspects of the sport, not contribute to criticism of it. And I am not lucky - I've played at plenty of crappy fields - once. Me and my wallet left and went elsewhere as did others. EMR and Oxford Paintball being two fields that have excellent reffing. And I started playing when I was 20 and most everyone who played was 20 - 50 and everyone seemed to be able to control themselves. And that is why World Cup is pointless - it's a cheaters tournament. Not a best team tournament.

The next time you go to a field and don't have to tell a ref to watch someone, you don't have to walk around asking people if they'd seen something that was sitting next to your gearbag 5 minutes ago, you don't have to ask the owner to do something about the guy who won't stop overshooting newer players, make SURE to thank them at the of the day. Those fields are becoming the minority in the paintball world are getting harder and harder to find.

Yes they are. But that's why I and others are selective where I play now a days.

you missed two important ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschool View Post

Would you play baseball, football, basketball, tennis, or anything for that matter knowing the refs and umpires were working against you? Instead of walking and creating a league that discouraged the kind of behavior we see and hear about, you choose to become one of those who continue unsportsmanlike like behavior and acceptance of this behavior. Instead of taking the high road of mature responsible sportsmanlike play you’ve chosen to take the low road and act just like those who cause the problems and to perpetuate unsportsmanlike like behavior to win a game – seems very childish.

It’s not paintball’s refusal/inability to put real referees on the field and to enact real sanctions against deserving players. It’s the players acceptance of this and their feeding of money into this system. If you feed a pig **** and it eats the ****, why spend money on giving it real food when it is perfectly happy eating ****.
Politically, Socially and Aerodynamically Incorrect
Everything I have ever loved is immoral or illegal
Vir sapit qui pauca loquitur.
stewart potter common sense, elephant and duck tests
Force this into a gaussian distributed parabolic curve!

Last edited by oldschool; 05-18-2011 at 09:18 PM.