View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 02:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
left handed
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to left handed

CCM Fan
My Summer Workout Program

Hey guys, it's summer and we all want that beach bod right? Well I've always had a hard time following preset workout programs (they're nice and laid out, but I'm completely OCD when it comes to following them which kills the flexibility of working out for me) so I started making my own workout programs earlier this year. I've had great success so far loosing 20 or so pounds over the course of an academic year and since I'm home for the summer (no open gym like at college ) I've made my own workout program for the summer using only body weight and I want to share it with you guys in hopes that it will help some of you looking for a quick routine (all relative on how long you want to work out) to stay in shape, loose weight, or get stronger.

Weekly Workout Structure
My workout program has 2 different workout routine days, but both have the same basic structure; the two different routines are Push and Pull. The two different routines can be distributed throughout the week however you like but I recommend alternating Push and Pull days so as not to overload your muscles. The basic structure of the workouts goes as such:
  • Stretch
  • Light warmup jog (5-10minutes MAX)
  • Body weight Routine
    • Core exercise
    • Leg exercise
    • Upper body exercise (Push or Pull exercise depending on day)
    • Plyo exercise
    • Core exercise
  • 5 Sprints
  • Longer Run (optional, but I highly recommend it)
  • Stretch

Each workout routine is done in sets of 3, with a maximum of two minutes rest between sets. To add difficulty, add another routine to when you workout (i.e. if it's a Push day, do 2 Push routines, 3 sets each, with a minute rest between sets).

List of Body weight Exercises

The list I linked above has a list for Push and Pull upper body exercises, pick and choose which ones you want to do for the day.

Caloric Intake
To really slim down and loose weight, the key is to lower calorie intake. I usually try and keep my caloric intake between 1300-1600 calories per day with the staple of my diet being fruits, vegetables, and whole wheat bread. I also take Soy Protein after my workouts.

I will also log my daily workouts in this thread so my plan will make more sense...I hope.

left handed is offline   Reply With Quote