View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 09:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
tarakian
Stange, but not a stanger

Fan of EMR
Palmers Fan
I'm a fan of TaylorMade clubs, though you can probably get those a little cheaper. You can find good prices on previous model equipment at RockBottomGolf.com. Most of the name brand game improvement irons are similar, key is getting ones that fit you and look good to your eye at address. Make sure you hit them first. Are you substantially taller/shorter than average? If so, you will want to have the irons and all your clubs fitted for you. It may cost you a few dollars, but it will save you a lot of headaches in the future. Badly misfit clubs can cause major compensating swing flaws.

Balls are a personal choice, try a few different ones. I tend to use Titleist and TaylorMade. I have also used Callaway. Only balls I really can't stand are Nike, or any of their other golf equipment for that matter.

I always use a glove, but I have diminished feeling in part of my left hand and I feel the glove helps to even out the feeling. People do wear two, there is a player on tour (Tommy "Two Gloves" Gainey) who does. If it feels good for you, then go ahead.

Golf shoes are not absolutely necessary, but I prefer them. They do help stabilize you if you swing hard or play a hilly course. The good ones are also water resistant, which is nice for those early morning rounds when the grass is still wet. You can certainly start without them and get them later if you feel the need. If you do, do not buy the cheap ones. Stay at least in the mid range, they will be more comfortable and last longer. I recommend FootJoy or Adidas.

Feedback
tarakian is offline   Reply With Quote