View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 08:39 PM   #15 (permalink)
TechPB-Mike
Seasoned Member

^^ I'm pretty sure if they are visually inspecting every single tank at a major event, you'll be in line long enough to remove your hockey tape.

With that being said, I've never been to an event where the person running the fill station decided he was going to give every single player a free ASTM visual inspection on every tank that was in line to be filled.

Check hydro dates? Yea I've seen that, but inspecting everyone's tank for nicks and scratches? I've never seen that happen. And what about the recent "gel coated" tanks that tend to get cracks / nicks / bubbles in the gel coat? The resin, carbon fiber and aluminum structure are all 100% perfect, just the gel coat is cracked.

But if the people running the air fill stations do decide to visually inspect every single tank at a tournament, ABOVE simply checking the hydro date, you'll have MORE than enough time to take off your tank tape / rubber cap / tank cover, because you'll be waiting for the other 500+ people in front of you to do the same thing