View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 02:27 PM   #12 (permalink)
HP_Lovecraft
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Jerry View Post
Why wouldn't a field allow something like this during a scenario?
Quote:
...give me 4 of these in a fort and I will hold off an army single handed
You answered your own question. There is no way you could safely control 4 seperate guns remotely. Some players (ie Lasoya) can not control a single gun, while holding, safely.

Its a moot point since NO gun that uses AI would ever be allowed. Paintball Field insurance rules have regulations like:

Quote:
A trigger pull requires an exertion of force by the finger on the trigger and a release of force by the finger on the trigger during every firing cycle
Meaning, a user as to physically pull the trigger on the gun. AI-controlled systems are unsafe, and have no place in paintball. And all fields universally do not allow BLIND FIRING, which this would also qualify as.

A remote gun might be understandable, say, to sit on top of a tank with its controller directly underneath? I'd probobly allow that. Maybe even some computer controlled aiming? thats borderline, as it depends on how much control the user has.

Lets all be safe.

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote