I am a huge fan of checklists and have used them for years.
I use mine AFTER a day of play - my gear bag is "replenished" when I get home so I just have to grab it and go on the day of.
Action items on mine:
- wash soft gear (paintball pants, jersey, socks, micro-fibers, barrel swabs)
- rinse off vest, disassemble & rinse mask (as needed)
- rinse out hydration bladder
- wash shoes in tub (if playing in mud or poison ivy)
- rinse water container (10L Specter)
- dry all of above (air dry usually)
- clean gun (as needed)
- replace used consumables (granola/Clif bars, hydration tablets or powder)
- reload 10-round tubes & pursuit pod, replace in vest & gear bag
- take mask, boots, vest and soft gear off drying rack and place in gear bag
- add any "for sale" gear to the bag
Doing that early saves me a world of stress when I'm going to play.