Thread: noticed
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 12:26 AM   #25 (permalink)
Post Whore

Get used to it unfortunately Artguy.
I told Tom Kaye personally in the 90s that the Sydarm with some work would outsell his other markers, he said noone wanted a pistol.
It took Tiberius to prove how wrong he was, anyone care to compare t8s sold VS Emags sold? .
The engineers at Tippmann used me and everyone else they could drag in, in their battle to get the TPX made, because noone would want a pistol. 2 years later the serial numbers have passed 30,000.

I said it then and I'll say it now, "It's not that noone's made a good pistol because noone wants to play with one. It's that noone wants to play with one because noone's made a good pistol."

Even the most cursory examination of the market would show CCM that they would sell more semi pistols than their new pump per year.

People, whether it's Tom Kaye, the Tippmann's(whom I badgered for 15 years at Hell Survivors) or CCM make markers THEY want, as much as they pretend to make what we want.

No offense intended CCMMachinist, you're in good company! But how can we ignore the fact that EVERY pistol ever made not still in production now sells for more than it was new and every production pistol sells what they make....

People want pistols, machinists and marker makers HATE pistols, because they're ridiculously hard to make. This prejudices them.
The pistol market tops out right now at a couple hundred bucks with NO high end choice and it looks to stay that way for years to come.

We play Pistol and we encourage the Few despite the discouragement of the Many.

Last edited by agentSmith; 11-10-2011 at 12:30 AM.
agentSmith is offline   Reply With Quote