Thread: noticed
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 09:44 AM   #26 (permalink)
EL17E 76
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentSmith View Post
Get used to it unfortunately Artguy.
I told Tom Kaye personally in the 90s that the Sydarm with some work would outsell his other markers, he said noone wanted a pistol.
It took Tiberius to prove how wrong he was, anyone care to compare t8s sold VS Emags sold? .
The engineers at Tippmann used me and everyone else they could drag in, in their battle to get the TPX made, because noone would want a pistol. 2 years later the serial numbers have passed 30,000.

I said it then and I'll say it now, "It's not that noone's made a good pistol because noone wants to play with one. It's that noone wants to play with one because noone's made a good pistol."

Even the most cursory examination of the market would show CCM that they would sell more semi pistols than their new pump per year.

People, whether it's Tom Kaye, the Tippmann's(whom I badgered for 15 years at Hell Survivors) or CCM make markers THEY want, as much as they pretend to make what we want.

No offense intended CCMMachinist, you're in good company! But how can we ignore the fact that EVERY pistol ever made not still in production now sells for more than it was new and every production pistol sells what they make....

People want pistols, machinists and marker makers HATE pistols, because they're ridiculously hard to make. This prejudices them.
The pistol market tops out right now at a couple hundred bucks with NO high end choice and it looks to stay that way for years to come.

Rob
/Agreed
This unfortunately hits the nail on the head and the bolded portion especially so.

If this were to change and an all "metal"/"real steel" equivalent/ "high quality" semi auto pistol were to come to market or even a (one can always hope) "line" of said product types and accessories (i.e. "regular" capacity mags / extended capacity / compensators / differing styled markers / ooo swappable-adjustable internals-barrels for .43 or .68 cal paint / an internal fillable system for co2 that is actually efficient and user friendly / etc etc etc).

I at least might not able to shell out the $800-$3k price tag in cash but would definitely look into selling most if not all of my collection and other hobby items to purchase said products.

And I believe most of the market would be willing to do the same.

-Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstar View Post
I translated this as: Scenario games are popular with overshooting douchebags raging on cocaine and steroid cocktails while roasting puppies and punching babies. Stay home unless you enjoy impromptu fistfights.
EL17E 76 is offline   Reply With Quote