View Single Post
Old 11-12-2011, 10:11 PM   #93 (permalink)
Not Worthy Of "MCBer"

Originally Posted by Mayvik View Post
I probably shouldn't say anything so I don't give away my secrets..but I pretty much never offer surrender, even for kids and girls, assuming I still have paint and/or propellant. Getting shot is part of the game, and I will not overshoot and do my best to aim for a hard target, but if I miss and tag something squishy, it ain't gonna kill ya. People are pussies these days..if someone starts shooting you 4, 5, 12 times that's something different, but a couple balls up close is not a mortal injury.
You've stated you don't offer surrenders, but you haven't clearly stated why.

Why do you not offer surrenders?

Hopefully you have a better reason than, "because I don't like getting shot", as that would be obvious hypocrisy.

I hardly think you're shooting them BECAUSE they are "pussies", so that's not really an explanation either.

I love surrendering people. A successful surrender is one of those win-win-win scenarios. I claim the bunker, the customer never gets shot, and I don't waste paint/air doing it. Most people that I surrender aren't even worth the 1 ball it would take to eliminate them at close range. It's my way of saying, "You're not worth it, now get out of my bunker."

As a low volume player, surrendering people is a mandatory skill in the toolbox.

People being "pussies" never enters the equation at all for me.

If you have the option of removing a player without firing a shot, why not take it?

Because you're afraid of getting shot?
He posts videos of himself on Youtube never leaving the furthest back bunker.
Even when playing against rental noobs, he is immobilized.
Logic and reason are anathema to him; but this does not deter him from prattling on.
He is the most interesting player in the world.
GoatBoy is offline   Reply With Quote