View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 06:19 PM   #501 (permalink)
Meph
Trololol

Send a message via AIM to Meph

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus View Post
So I don't know if they're running along side that with the comic.
That's the problem, right now that's up in the air. They're straying so far from the comics that pretty soon I think Carl will kill Rick and Dale will become the Governor and cut off Andrea's hand while Shane picks up a Katana and sleeps with Daryl. I mean it's not even close to the source material anymore. They just happen to share the same names as those in the comics.

And no, that whole "they had to change a few things for it to work for television" argument doesn't fly. People ridicule Television for a reason, because Networks make shows for bottom feeders and low fruit pickers and mouth breathers which makes all the rest of us suffer from lack of imagination or genuine ingenuity or intelligent dialogue/developments. That's why HBO has such amazing programing and wins every award they're up for, because they don't make their shows for the lowest common denominator. They make a damn great show, and if you can't keep up well **** you you're being left behind with the paste eaters where you belong. Go watch fat people make fart jokes on NBC, that'll be more your style if you can't keep up.

The comics are intelligent, clever, thought provoking, great character development. And they do what they want without insulting the reader in thinking they can't handle a story shake-up. They kill main characters, then bring in new main characters, and you get to learn about them and get behind them also, some of them die, but more people come along. They show you how people break down psychologically, how they cope with their decisions in this cruel world, how they adapt. Right now they're showing that with Shane decently... but everybody else is kinda acting like this isn't even the Zombie Apocalypse it's just some black plague that'll be gone next week they just gotta ride out the storm then they can go back to Xbox. All the while making absolutely horrible decisions that don't fit into what people in these situations would be doing. While having no consistency with the Zombie interaction/development.

I want to enjoy this show, I try to... but there are just so many glaring annoyances that it's really difficult some times. Writers just need to stop writing the characters like they're complete idiots.
Meph is offline   Reply With Quote