Thread: zombie books
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 10:58 AM   #17 (permalink)
usagi_tetsu
slowly coming back around

You could argue that vampires are just zombies with brains - they both bite you to turn you into one of them, they're both the dead risen anew, they both like the dark (for zombies, it's easier hunting us breathers in the dark), and they're both killed again in only specific ways.

Just finished up Deadline by Mira Grant, and she ended it on a double-whammy cliffhanger. Trust me folks, if you're looking for good zombie books, this one and its predecessor, Feed, are well worth the read. And the final of the trilogy is supposed to be out in the next 6 months.

I also read Cherie Priest's Dreadnought, which has more in common (zombie-wise) with the first of the series, Boneshaker, than the 2nd book did. Looking forward to the next one, Ganymede. They're mostly steampunk books, but they do have some good zombie bits in them.

And thanks to you fine brain-munchers, I've got more than a few others to check out in the coming months. Keep the suggestions coming, folks, I'm enjoying it immensely.

The problem with America is that we confuse our politics for religion, and our religions for science.

Check out my current sale and my feedback
usagi_tetsu is offline   Reply With Quote