View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 11:57 AM   #6 (permalink)
worrptangl
Dive Dive Dive

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJOttawa View Post
D7000? I have one. It's FANTASTIC. I'd argue it's better than the D700 for raw performance.

A lot of the photos of my full-metal DSP were taken with a D7000.

The D7000 is a generation newer than the D700 and has some features the D700 and even D3, D4 and D800 don't have.

U1 and U2 "user modes" are unique to the D7000 and, to me, position it as a pro-level camera.

Buy it.
It's sad really that I'm considering switching from Canon. I love my 50D. The ergonomics are great, and like like the button layout. That being said I can say the same for Nikon too.

The reason I'm looking at switching is that Canon seems to only be updating their L lenses or the occasional non L, but then they are $$$$$$. I know Nikon does the same, but at least Nikon updated their 70-300. i have to go to Tamron to get a decent quality one. Nikon has been updating their primes and they are amazing for the price you pay. They compare to their Higher G primes but for a fraction of the cost. I need to buy a 15-16 year old lens or take the Sigma crap shoot. Not saying those are bad lenses. It's just Canon updates the EF 28mm but the give it IS and make it a f2.8 not f1.8. I don't shoot video so not much use for me.

I know spend more money on paintball than I should, but I have gotten better. That being said as much as I would love to get an L lens or other high end glass for me to spend $1k+ on a lens would mean I would have to sell off some things and save up for a long while.

Nikon right now is making me want to come back, and I think I might. I just have to really think about it.
It like the CCM version of Two Girls One Cup.
I will ban folks.... I swear.
TF

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
worrptangl is offline   Reply With Quote