View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 06:22 PM   #11 (permalink)
uv_halo
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychosplinter View Post
Well, the dot will superimpose on the target if you sight with two eyes so...yeah. If anything it'll protect the sight from a head on shot. Not saying that the lack of 45 deg rails behind it was smart, but only those who don't use red dots would say something like that.
I've been using Dot Sights for as long as ADCO has been involved in paintball.

I'm not saying it's impossible but, I've tried getting the pseudo occluded gunsight effect by using red-dots and I've found it to not work nearly as well as an actual occluded sight or, an unobstructed dot sight. This is for several reasons:

Light reflecting off of the feedneck (i.e. in broad daylight) can wash out the dot or, at the least, cause your brain to want to focus on the feedneck.

If your feedneck doesn't block off the entire view of the sight, then your brain will want to focus on the lit background.

Bottom line- there are reasons why all occluded eye sights use black backgrounds.

Not to mention that you can't put a sight anywhere on that top rail except for the very back end of it due to the low vertical clearance afforded by most modern hoppers.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.

Last edited by uv_halo; 03-27-2012 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Not to mention...
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote