Thread: mag fed phantom
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 01:00 PM   #21 (permalink)
more gooder

Fan of EMR
Originally Posted by moving_target View Post

I was thinking more like a sten, like this, so the mag would actually be out the side. but idk if that would work
I'm not a huge fan of the sten look, but it is workable I think. I'll lay it out to see if the rounds will clear the frame.

Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
Forget modifying a Phantom and make a scratch build for a Paintball Version of this?

Always loved the looks of a Mauser "Broomhandle" C96
good grief no! kill it with fire!

Originally Posted by Helghast View Post
I have this in the works for my KP.....
I thought about it a bit yesterday a bit after I layed it out. But I liked it less than the straight out sten look.

Originally Posted by Antlion View Post
I too know absolutely nothing about machining and things. But you could always try helical mags.

Attachment 31237

That's a 9mm Calico. There are similar magazines like that on the pp-19 "Bison".
Again, I don't know if it's possible. It does keep the rounds oriented forward the entire time though.
I'm trying to avoid having to design and manufacture new parts. Anything I can use off the shelf I will to try and keep costs reasonable.

Originally Posted by desertT1 View Post

I'll never make it. Dukie, I'll send you some igs files if you want to play with them.
I saw that yesterday on a GIS. Its not really the direction I was looking to go. I wanted to avoid a custom bolt, body etc if at all possible. I like the idea, its just not where I want to go. For me, off the shelf parts that I can modify are more suited.
DSGs are in stock
dukie is online now   Reply With Quote