Thread: CrossFit
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 11:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
Walking without rhythm

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan

So I have been trying to work in some of the Crossfit ideals into my work outs for a while now...but I have never actually performed a full out Work Out of the Day (WOD)....Until yesterday...

Yesterday the WOD was

5 sets for time
45lb over head barbell lunges for 50ft.
21 burpees

Doesn't seem like much does it? I thought it would be a piece of cake...I was wrong.

I ran 1.5km as a warm up and then started on the work out. First set of lunges was fine, I got to burpee 15 and realized that if I wanted to do 5 sets...15 was all I was going to manage.

Roughly 15 min later I manage to finish the work out (I didn't have a stop watch...) I was shakeing, I was tired, I was sweaty, I was floored that it was so bloody hard!! I want to do MORE!

So I have decided I am going to attempt to follow the WODs but I will likely have to scale them for a while and find some substitutes for things like the Muscle ups and rope climbs...

the standard WOD can be found here

Properly Scaled versions of the WOD can be found here at BrandX It is a forum that also has LOTs of good info on Crossfit for beginners.

So I am starting this program at 216lbs I want to get down to about 200lbs. I have set a goal to do a triathalon in August.
I want to be able to do the "Cindy" work out and get close to 20 sets by then.
I will also have to keep up my running and start swimming and biking some time too!

I will post the WOD and the scaled version I am doing here and keep you updated on progress.

Wish me luck and join in if you wish! Post your results!
Stilgar is offline   Reply With Quote