View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 04:52 PM   #16365 (permalink)
lab79rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
Did you actually read that link? The majority of those macs are infected with crap meant for windows OS. Lets be real, it has nothing to do with the mac being a superior OS in virus prevention. It comes down to market share. There are FAR more PC's out there than macs so there are obviously more viruses designed to target and exploit the PC user.
Agreed - there are a lot of ways to attack the linux underpinnings of Max OS X. .exe files are not typically one of them.

Quote:
Macs aren't the golden egg as so many fan boys like to claim. They have nicely polished UI for sure but they often use the same components as a comparable PC that are just marked up exponentially and handicapped to play nice with their software.
Macs certainly aren't perfect. That's why I have my IT guy on speed dial. Hard drives die, iCal server hardly ever works properly, and sometimes the beach ball of death pops up for no good reason. However, I certainly wouldn't call them handicapped. Closed system yes, handicapped, no.

Quote:
I'll take a more powerful PC at a fraction of the price any day, even if it is a little more unstable.
To each their own. I use windows in the lab because most equipment manufacturers require it. I am certainly no fan of windows, but recognize that it's the dominant platform. For me, I am more than happy to pay a (perceived) premium for reliability and stability.

So there
lab79rat is offline   Reply With Quote