Update: So, I got the patches on Saturday - guess what! No velcro! (I didn't want to post until I knew what the fix was, so forgive me for not posting about this until now)
Frustrating, but the good news is that they are going to re-do the order. The bad news is that it's going to take another 7-10 days. I've asked for an expedite, as the problem was on their end, not mine.
I'll update again as soon I get the new batch in. Sorry, but out of my control.
I'm not sure of the status of the patches with no velcro just yet. Still working on that.
Tomorrow morning I will post a pic of one of the actual patches, but they look just like the pic of the proof I previously posted, but now I have an actual patch, and will take my own pic.