View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 01:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
Donut SD
Son of War

Cooking with MCB; California Club Pizza!

Alright guys here's some more cooking for you. I got some stuff together and we're making a California Chicken Club Pizza today!! WOOT!

Alright so we start with 2 cups of chicken, it can be shredded or cubed. Take your pick

We used a Rotisserie Chicken from the local market

Then get yourself 2 cups of a desired cheese. We're gonna do pepper jack for this one,

Use a silicone brush (because no one likes hair in their pizza) to evenly coat your pan with oil. I'm using grapeseed oil again because I love the sweet, nutty flavor. Stoneware is also making a debut again in my cooking because it "rocks" lol.

Some pizza dough prepackaged of course because I'm too lazy to make it myself.

Break that sucker open and press into the pan (or stoneware)

Put the 2 cups of shredded chicken on and then top with the 2 cups of your desired cheese shreds!

Throw that puppy in the oven for a bit

425*F

@ 17 minutes

While that's cooking take 1/4 of a red onion and slice it up

Mmmmm red onion, you can chop it up a bit smaller too, large rings aren't as effective in this recipe

The original recipe called for plum tomatoes but I couldn't find any at the grocery store. So my favorite tomato came to the rescue, Roma tomatoes yay! Make sure you gut that thing, you don't want the innards or seeds in the mix we're about to make.

Chop it up into cubes

Then cube up some avocado as well

Score a lemon from someone's tree if you can't find any good ones nearby.

Then squeeze until you get an effective 2 tbsp of lemon juice

Then apply it with the tomato, avocado, and onion you just cut up into a large bowl. BE GENTLE WHEN MIXING THESE INGREDIENTS, smashed avocado is not fun on a California Club

By this time the baking should finish. Apply the topping mix you just created evenly over the top of the club pizza. Serve and enjoy!!!

I wanted more and the oven was still on so we threw these together.

Made some cornbread mix and threw a weenie in the middle in a cupcake tray. Baby corndogs and pigs in a blanket with some extra tiny croissants. yum.

Hope you all enjoy this. Eating is the most fun next to sleeping it off.

Laters

-Donut SD
Donut SD is offline   Reply With Quote