View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 04:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
heinous
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by senghing27 View Post
Great writeup! What's your thoughts on adding a palmer's fast changer setup for more leverage when changing out a 12 gram?

I'm still kicking the idea around and it would provide two benefits.
1) A chute to guide the 12 gram
2) A larger knob for increased leverage

I like your use of the sight rail. A+!
never used one, so i can't comment on if it would work. the 12 gram goes in fine as it is, the problem is just the piercing. if you think you can get a better grip with the fast changer and you don't plan on buying the new knob from avratech in the future then there's no harm in trying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson View Post
Good write up.

My review of your review:

-The thumbscrews and internals (minus the bolt) are CCI sourced. So while the o-ring on the thumbscrews is a great design feature, unfortunately Avratech can't take credit for that. LOL.

-Crosman 12 grams are not the best to be reaching conclusions about efficiency. They are notoriously inconsistent. Lelands are available everywhere, they can be ordered online in bulk. I would recommend picking some up before drawing final conclusions. Also one 12 gram (even if it was a Leland) is not enough data to draw any conclusions, period.

-Blue Loctite Tech Data straight from the manufacturer: http://www.loctiteproducts.com/tds/T_LKR_BLUE_tds.pdf

It's an NPT fitting, screwed in pretty far. I think that qualifies as high engagement length. Boiling water is nowhere near hot enough to break the stuff. I'm calling user error on the bent fitting. Brass is a perfectly acceptable material in this application. Next time, taking a torch quickly to the fitting or possibly a soldering iron (depending on how hot yours can get) is a better solution.

-The missing serial number is interesting. Slipped through the cracks. But not worthy of criticism for delaying shipment. Basically what you are saying is "Mine accidentally didn't get a serial number, so they should have sent it out before the stamps came in if they were just going to accidentally forget to stamp it!" LOL WUT.
i posted how the test was done so that everyone can do it. there are 16 guns out there, if everyone uses a 12 gram to test the gun, that's 16 tests with 12 grams. i know 1 is not enough, but i've spent a few behind the scenes already and i'd really rather be saving the rest for playing, especially when this is a simple chrono test that everyone else can replicate. also, using a crosman is fine as long as it's understood that it's not the best 12 gram. not everyone is going to always use lelands, the more 12 grams gets tried out on this gun the better idea we have on how it behaves with each brand. for a crosman i like the numbers i got.

i did try soldering iron, i don't have a torch, i'm not going to use a torch, high temperature is what agglets use to bake their anodizing. i have the gun's finish to worry about. i'm just going to leave it alone at this point and use the nelson asa for constant air. most i can do is ask the airsmith next time i'm in the store.

Last edited by heinous; 05-23-2012 at 04:45 PM.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote