View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 11:03 PM   #20 (permalink)
Jordan
MCB Member

Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by cether View Post
cockers are not hard to work its called reading a book. what i think made the cocker a "bad name" was all the knock-offs. WGP and esplise and BL where tune out of the factory.

i hope to see a aftermarket to make this in a autococker. i know it wont happen
Cockers gave Cockers a bad name. They came stock from WGP with an absolutely garbage LPR, and a crappy 3-way that had way too many parts in it. Glenn Palmer started the aftermarket craze by creating a decent LPR, the Rock, which you needed just to run a Cocker for a few hours.

They eventually became pretty good out of the box, but for nearly 10 years a Cocker was virtually un-useable out of the box.

There is absolutely NO market for a mechanical closed bolt semi anymore - MCB is a very small, albeit fairly vocal, minority, but we don't count when it comes to KEE making decisions like bringing back the Cocker.
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote