View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 08:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Captain
Negative

Trracer Rifle (Now with something new)

First Picture:

Okay, you're probably looking at this, thinking, "Yeah, that's nice, but what's new?"

But the keener of you have probably picked up on the fact that the back of the gun extends a little farther than the last time that you saw it. So what?

Well, I'll show you what!

The business side. Many of you have been wondering how this thing gets cocked. Well, so have I. I've been using the stock handle screw threaded into the bolt, but that was too uncomfortable. So, with a little inspiration from Cheshire:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire
I drew up a rough concept a while back that involved fitting a "sleeve" over a rounded body, the sleeve attached to a bolt lever and tracks cut into a "sleeve cover" to force realistic throw on the bolt. Hard to explain in text, I suppose. If you're not wanting to do much of sanding & grinding, it's a moot point.

The sleeve rotates, locks into one or both sides of the pump/pull rod, then you pull back. Not sure if styling it after a mosin nagant made it easier in theory, but it's all really just fluff. A simple pull handle is probably the easiest and most effective way to go about things. Good luck!
...This is what I've come up with.