View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 01:08 PM   #130 (permalink)
Murph
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
There is still an NDA in effect. Breaking it can lead to Ban on sight.

What I've read in the forum is that at E3 they had demo booths to play MWO and a few members on that board got to play. Apparently lighter mechs do really really really well for the time being. At least the Jenner anyway, which while never having a ton of armor, can bring some guns to bear and goes about 130 KPH in it's stock configuration. 6 laser hardpoints and a missile hardpoint. The problem is the missile hardpoint is in center torso with the engine so you don't have enough slots for any of the really big launchers, like the LRMs. The arms (if you can call them that on a jenner) house all the energy hardpoints so you can strafe very easily. The reticles are split so you can aim your arms independently of the torso guns, or just faster than them, making strafing runs on heavier mechs more survivable than in earlier games where you have to keep looking at the target.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP_Lovecraft View Post
I'm no hippie, but I do lack any sense of style.
Murph is offline   Reply With Quote