View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 04:54 PM   #29 (permalink)
uv_halo
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
Yeah, when DYE flipped the bird to the paintball market and actually raised the price on the Rotor when the economy went bad, it was pretty evident that there's nothing else on the market that would warrant actual competition. That's why they still sell them, even at $200. For a loader.

I love my Rotor, but I still hope that something like this can give DYE a run for their money in the high-end loader market.
I'm betting that when the rotor first came out, Dye was selling it with a narrower profit margin to get more folks to buy it in the beginning in order to cement the reputation of the product. When this loader came out, it didn't have eyes/RF/sound activation like every other tourney level loader. A lot of people didn't remember what old school viewloader shells were like so, the durability was questionable for them, and the drive system is unlike any other on the market (leading to questions about how much it would popcorn, etc). Add to that-it only uses three AAs, not the six (or two 9v batteries) used by the Halo. So, in the beginning, there were a lot of practical questions about how the Rotor would perform.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote