View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 01:50 AM   #19 (permalink)
TechPB-Mike
Seasoned Member

It's one thing to play against other pump players. It's another thing to face a player like me on the field, using a pump gun.

I don't particularly have any respect for players using a pump gun. You had $700 in your wallet, you had the ability to purchase anything you wanted... you chose a pump gun... and that was your decision.

It comes down to how much do you want to physically restrict and limit yourself, when using pump. There is a very simple, "sliding scale" where you choose the marker that best suits your preferences for pump.

Want the ultra-challenge? Go stock class against seasoned veterans

Want the easiest pump play? Go autotrigger, with a Z2 & 68/4500

I think it's foolish to cast judgement, on someone else's preference because it's not "pure enough" for you. Just because you use stock class against a bunch of newbies at a church group, doesn't give you the right to attack someone using autotrigger on an XBall field against a D2 team.

Pick the gun based on your pump playing skill, and the skill level of your opponents. If you are Sonny Lopez, playing against some first timers, go with stock class. If you're facing players like me.... I strongly suggest a full setup with autotrigger, force feeding hopper and HPA.