View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 05:51 AM   #8 (permalink)
JKR
AKA: Wraith

I think they mishandled their release to the public, big time. Yes, I understand that the fields will set their prices and that paint is normally $85 a case at PBE plus something like $25 for admission. However, for a new public release and what amounts to market research for them, a discounted price would have been the smart thing to do.

Personally, I am also concerned about the manner of the release. Sure, I am happy to see product released for us to use and review. However, I don't like the fact that their dealers haven't received samples yet and that they are releasing to an indoor field to start - after avoiding my questions about the weight of their ball on their Facebook page. Further, I don't think any media types have gotten their chance to review and comment on the paint either.

Seems to me they may be trying to gain a little positive spin from an indoor field where no one will notice their paint can be outdistanced by other paints available. Hope I am wrong...

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company."
-- George Washington

Feedback
JKR is online now   Reply With Quote