View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 11:41 AM   #47 (permalink)
uv_halo
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrain View Post
Remember. "Perfect Circle" Was suppose to be the paint that would put everyone out of business. Instead, the police now use it as Pepper balls.

I wish Tom Kaye would have released this stuff for market.

Later,
Blackrain
He tried. According to Tom Kaye, they didn't make enough of a difference for players to pay the .13/ball for them. I add that ROF and ammo capacity increases made the .02 ball that much more appealing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
Steve,
IIRC Perfect Circle is the maker of the First Strike so those claims are still at least partially true. That and I have some pepperballs, I wouldn't want to get hit with those shells. I'm much less worried about the powder in them than the damage those plastic shells do personally.
Given that they're molded, I could easily imagine using slightly thinner shells. If I was selling pepperballs, I would want them to be fairly durable as I sure as hell wouldn't them breaking in the armory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris From Flurry View Post
I hope they shoot well. I just think the press release could have been worded better.

PB Explosion is a very nice paintball facility. It is at the location of an old amusement park. Their indoor field was made where the ice rink was and has full bleachers for spectators. They also have a complete finished lounge with a full bar and fireplace! The outdoor theme fields are very nice and made well. Check out the pictures on their website if you haven't seen it before. Paintball Explosion: Indoor & Outdoor Paintball Fields & Store near Chicago, IL

So a case of FPO paint here is normally $85 + admission so this comes out to be slightly cheaper than normal to be one of the first to try out this paint.
This is an extremely valid and relevant point.

In the end, I think the new fill and, shelf-life make this product good for a lot of folks. I wonder how the new shell will work out. For example, is it more rigid/fragile similar to the FS round shell?

If the shell is water and heat resistant, and slightly more rigid, it makes the ball a perfect candidate for mag-fed systems that keep paint under tension. For example, If I tried to carry a T8.x or a TipX as a secondary at a big game (because I shoot FS rounds out of my primary), halfway through the day, regular paintballs would be overcompressed and mushed. Hydrotec balls may be perfectly fine, and maybe I could even unload my unused mags back into the box for another day.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is online now   Reply With Quote