View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 12:40 PM   #278 (permalink)
uv_halo
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
And what's the ref going to do? Stand there with a pair of binoculars, then hop on an ATV to go call the guy out? Pretty much have to rely on people's own honor, I know, what a concept
I was plenty used to relying and being disappointed back when I'd backshoot an individual with one shot and they'd go scurrying off to some other corner of the field. It adds a bit more frustration when you just wasted $.40 on an individual. That being said, it's good to see that it's still the majority of folks who will call themselves out. It's just not as big of a margin that most people would expect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
He could radio the opposing teams reff to yank the player. I dunno that's why I asked his advice. And I'd rather not rely on anyone own anything humans in general are unreliable that's why we have rules
Unfortunately, at every big game I've gone to, players are forbidden from transmitting on, or listening to the ref's channels. Also, at 100yards it can be damn hard to have clear evidence of a break on someone. Personally, I rely on the eliminated player and sometimes, their reactions make it all worthwhile.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote