View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 07:38 PM   #13 (permalink)
burscott
Seasoned Member

update

Hi,

I ended up buying one of the Critical pball adapters. It does seem about twice as expensive as it should be, but it seems to have "paid for itself" by now; my wife has gone through over 60 oz of co2 with it -- which would have cost $60 for soda stream bottles.

It also seems to be well built and has an allen wrench adjustable pin depth

She reports it tastes a little different "kind of lemony". She said that on the first bottle, I'll have to ask if it still does.

I'm using the bottle on a remote set-up. So it's goes like this:
Adapter to soda stream body
Remote ASA Plug
Quick disconnect
Pro-Team products CO2 filter
18 in hose
On/Off valve
Old Automag vertical ASA
Coiled remote
Tank

This admittedly is a pretty crazy setup. I did it this way because I was going to mount it to a cabinet top, and the tank would be below. Haven't gotten to that yet...Although the set up may change slightly when I do.

The only issue with this set up is when you have a remote line the gas is continusly going releasing. That is why the second switch on/off was installed. My wife didn't like unscrewing the nut on the remote line or a slide check.

Another issue is all of my CO2 tanks are out of date I have a lot of hydro exempt 3-10 oz tanks, but it seems that Scheels and other refillers don't know about the 2in diameter exception. Even when I pull up the info on my phone they say "Well, we still can't fill it, would you like us to throw those tanks away?"

Anyway I'm thinking about taking the valve off of one of the SodaStream tanks (still in hydro) and putting a Paintball on/off valve in place of the SodaStream valve.

Otherwise I thought of getting a larger co2 tank and home filling the smaller ones (least desirable to me)

My paintball fields may fill the smaller tanks, but now i don't have one closer than an hour away--sucks.

American Hydrotest -Paintball Tank Testing.
CO2 tanks: 2 inches or less in diameter and less than 2 feet long, do not need to be tested. This is a DOT Rule. These CO2 bottles usually have a 1800 psi limit. Greater than 2 inches in diameter must be tested every 5 years. These bottles are not fiber wrapped. These are considered high pressure.

I hope everyone is having a great day!
burscott is offline   Reply With Quote