View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 08:06 PM   #15 (permalink)
russc
Wookie D*ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOldSkool View Post
Yeah where the FT-12s are easy to work on... they sure do break quicker than 98's. Mostly I see issues with the air line, nothing says poorly executed and committee designed like the high pitch screech of an air fitting that only seals by friction.
I'm not really comfortable with the trigger pins being housed in plastic, to be honest. I've always liked how BTs have their trigger housings made of steel...at least our old BT-4 rentals had em. I've never had to replace a sear after 5+ years, and I think the tight alignment plays a huge part in that. The 98c trigger pins tend to have a bit of wiggle room.

I also wonder how those cast ASA's will hold up. The machined and anodized ASAs get stripped out and beaten up, so how will raw cast ASAs fare?

I do very much appreciate the fact that Tippmann has finally put a c-clip on their valve. BT's been doing that for a long *** time. Selling a non user servicable valve is a ridiculous money grab, so I'm glad to see we'll be able to swap an o-ring rather than buying a $20+ valve core. Same goes for the valve screws. See ya, glad to see them gone.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote