View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 03:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
FiXeL
Autotriggerhappy. :)

CCM Fan
Ok nice, a fellow anodiser! The thing with my power supply is, that it either switches to constant voltage, or constant current. For the mini maglite i was aiming for atleast 12 volts, and 2A, but i only anodised for 60 minutes, so the layer could be on the thin side. I don't have the caswell manual, but one from a german supplier that is a bit weird... But i found caswell europe short after, so that is where i get my suplies from now.

The second run should have been run at 7,8A according to the 720 rule, but i did it at 10A - 12,1V for 72 minutes, and it turned out ok. With the maglite, i could set the power supply to constant voltage, but with the second batch it switched to constant current...

If i were to set the amps to the 720 rule, i would end up using like 8 volts... isn't that a little less? Or is amps more important than voltage?
Yes! I love being in battle! I love the moment when my marker stops being a machine and becomes part of me! My blood boils and my mind goes all white! It's an incredible high! There's no time to think, only action!

FiXeL is offline   Reply With Quote