View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 02:06 PM   #322 (permalink)
uv_halo
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
For those shopping for adjustable picatinny rails, Tiberius announced version 2 of their FSR. Tiberius, for some really strange reason, posts next to nothing on its own Forum. They post almost exclusively on their own Facebook page. There isn't much information there but it does say that the new one is 20% lighter, 30% shorter, and has a 9 degree elevation maximum.

I would have to see and, more importantly, actually use one to know whether it is better than Killjoy's APR (version 2). I suspect that even with the Tiberius having lost some weight and size it is still bigger and heavier than the Killjoy. No mention of price but Facebook does say it is available for immediate shipment.

I scrolled through the announcement comments and found one asking whether they had also fixed the "sway" in the rail. That leads me to believe that the first batch of rails probably did have that problem because I apparently wasn't the only user to get one that had play in it. The good news is that problem seems to have been fixed in the later iterations.

Competition is good for all of us. Congratulations to Tiberius for bringing out what would appear to be an improved version of its FSR.
I agree that I've heard plenty of folks complain about the side to side play on their risers. I did however, buy mine during the first month or two of release. I duracoated it and, possibly overspray eliminated or reduced it in my case, or maybe they were just inconsistent in their manufacture, and I lucked out. ?

If Tiberius means 30% shorter in length, then they may have just done what I did to mine. I think mine is about 20% (maybe a little less) lighter by getting rid of the two full length aluminum side rails, and cutting the front flush to the short plastic rails (for which it was already drilled and tapped for). They could really skeletonize it but, it'd add a lot more to the cost (in machine time).
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
First strike rounds punish lazy people. Don't be lazy and you won't have problems with first strikes.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote