View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 10:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
mrmag11
MCB Member

Shooting manual is tough!

So I've been trying to use Manual for my recent pics of my new born and test pics, and it sure is taking some getting some used to. I really need to sit down and re-read my books on ISO, shutter speed, etc. I think I am getting it though, or at least hope so! Here are a few today...I want to post my thoughts and see if you guys think the same... Please feel free to add your thoughts. Much appreciated!

Side note, these are the uncropped, untouched pictures. I am looking more for composure elements than the finished product. If I can't get the main pic right, the editing portion is null.

Camera: Rebel T3

Baby...

Shutter speed 1/100, ISO 200, White Balance Daylight, Nifty 50

My thoughts: I should have had a faster shutter speed, probably 1/200-1/400 to soften the contrast some. Leave the ISO as is.

Digging Dog...

Shutter speed 1/200, ISO 200, White Balance Daylight, 55-250 at 146mm

My thoughts: I need a much faster shutter speed to capture the action, flinging dirt, etc, probably 1/1600. If I change the exposure time that fast, does the ISO need to be adjusted?

Slobber Dog...

Shutter Speed 1/200, ISO 200, White Balance Daylight, 55-250 at 163mm

My thoughts: I wouldn't change much, maybe bring the shutter speed up 1/400. Seems like her lower neck is slightly out of focus, but I don't know if I could correct that and keep the rest of the subject in focus.

World of Tanks Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
I say to you with love in my heart... your a whore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
i like the zipper... pullover's hurt when i take them off. I gel my hair everyday so when I pull it off it snags on my hair and hurts.
mrmag11 is offline   Reply With Quote