Thread: Empire Sniper
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 11:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Deuce
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJOttawa View Post
The Empire Sniper is an excellent gun; it'd be great for anyone, new or experienced.

Some of the little touches I like about it are the on-off ASA, the included barrel kit, and the quick-pull bolt for fast on-field barrel cleaning. (no lost bolt pins)

If I were buying an open class pump, the Empire Sniper is the gun I'd buy.
I'll chime in here with some constructive criticism. Great gun, fabulous value for the $ for a new pump player, great features stock.

That said I don't personally recommend it to new (to the sport) players or those not mechanically inclined. There was a few local guys in FL that had them and they were notorious for shooting a couple small parts off and causing a full scale search. All that just from guys messing around with removing the bolt.

Nothing like 10 guys at a big game crawling around in the grass like they're looking for a contact. I personally consider it a design flaw considering the package IS aimed at new players.

If you are able to tech your own gear without breaking the gun or losing parts you should be ok.

I second the recommendation for a used Sniper (pump kitted Autococker) from the BST. You can get a lot of gun for $100-250. Use that to decide if pump is for you, then you can sell it for close to the same coin and upgrade if you're going to stick with it.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
$400 per 1000

smoke'em if you got'em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote