View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 02:32 PM   #78 (permalink)
russc
Wookie D*ck

This is a better picture. Top right is FSR. You can see the Scarabs have frangible serrations on the rounds to make them break easier on impact.

From Scarab:

Quote:
Hey guys, hope you all having a good day!

1. Top right is a first strike the protruding nipple does cause some problems however we went around that with certain features in the TGR2 components.

2. This is the Scarab Round Gen 1 design and I don't wanna disappoint u but we will not be releasing this as we mentioned in our earlier post, however we will be releasing the Scarab Round Gen2 in 2013. Although we believe that the gen1 has better trajectory properties compared to the FS we are looking for much more hence the Gen2.

3. The serrations do make the round fragment at lower velocities.

4. The rifling is different

5. Pricing will be announced as soon as gen2 is ready but I assure you we will price it so that it's affordable as much as our cost allows us too we want as many players to get into Milsim and the last thing we wanna do is make it financially impossible for players to purchase regularly.

I hope I didn't miss anything
I *think* those are mold marks on the tails in the second photo, which would mean these guys have sunk a decent chunk of change into making these rounds.

Last edited by russc; 09-14-2012 at 02:41 PM.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote