View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 02:28 AM   #763 (permalink)
tymcneer
Brass Monkey Customs

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
I have been asked the question a bunch, and the answer usually drives people away.

Due the the process I use to create the inserts, the ring/lip/shoulder would be a second process and solder job. This adds to my time, and therfore to the cost of the insert.

Even if I just charge an extra $10 to machine the shoulder, solder and then machine it to final form, most people are unwilling to pay $40 per insert. (As it stands, by business advisore is furious with me... The inserts should actually be $48 each, according to her calculations and standard shop rate... No one tell her I am still selling them for $30 )

Now, the reality... If I spend another 15 minutes... That means $15 plus material used (We will call it $0 for now, as I would have to work it out before I can get a reasonable figure) We are talking $45 per insert.

If that figure is acceptable, I will be more than happy to eat the material, and do the work.

Ty

Brass Monkey Customs

Brass Freak compatible and Equation inserts in .665, .670, .675, .678, .680 and .685

Current Freak compatible inserts in stock:
.665 = 0, .670 = 16, .675 = 3, .678 = 4, .680 = 4, .682 = 4, .685 = 11

Still selling brass tubing, with .678 barrel stock now available!

My feedback: MCB - eBay - AO
tymcneer is online now   Reply With Quote