View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 01:48 AM   #764 (permalink)
barkingspider
Asphincter Says What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymcneer View Post
I have been asked the question a bunch, and the answer usually drives people away.

Due the the process I use to create the inserts, the ring/lip/shoulder would be a second process and solder job. This adds to my time, and therfore to the cost of the insert.

Even if I just charge an extra $10 to machine the shoulder, solder and then machine it to final form, most people are unwilling to pay $40 per insert. (As it stands, by business advisore is furious with me... The inserts should actually be $48 each, according to her calculations and standard shop rate... No one tell her I am still selling them for $30 )

Now, the reality... If I spend another 15 minutes... That means $15 plus material used (We will call it $0 for now, as I would have to work it out before I can get a reasonable figure) We are talking $45 per insert.

If that figure is acceptable, I will be more than happy to eat the material, and do the work.

Ty
Thanks for the quick reply. I undestand that this is no easy task, nor is it cheap. I'm trying to see what my options are currently to get a wider variety for a really cool barrel. I will let you know with a follow up pm once I decide if it's worth pursuing. Again, thanks for your personable and quick response to my inquiry!