View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 08:19 PM   #17 (permalink)
dm6rocker
X0317

Send a message via AIM to dm6rocker

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSA View Post
So comparing the two which one do you like better and why? Or is it a case of each for its own? I am really diggin the finish and the reslotted snub feed hole.
To be honest, I think this is what the Redux always should have been. Don't get me wrong, I love my Dux dearly. She's been very good to me in the time that I've had her. But, the Duck is the better of the two. Just the fact that it takes unmodified phantom internals makes it worth it to me. Couple that with the new feed system that apparently eliminates all pinching problems, and I feel that I can now say that Steve makes the best Duck on the market.

I'm also getting similar results to Tedaut. I haven't been able to put it over a chrono yet, but it seems like it's getting around 30 shots per 12g at field velocity with the stock barrel. It's going to be a while before I can take it out due to work, but I'm really looking forward to it.

My only gripe, and I really had to dig for this, is the difference in barrel length. Since the barrels sit a LITTLE bit farther forward, it looks a little odd with the longer ones. But it has no effect on performance, it's just a cosmetic thing. But all in all, I think it's one hell of a gun.