View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 03:56 PM   #51 (permalink)
Lohman446
MCBs armed pacifist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmag11 View Post
I found this out the hard way after I hired an electrician. I contacted the company's owner and he wouldn't help after the quoted price changed. So I contacted the BBB, and went through the process of lodging the complaint, getting the owner to reply (he gave completely contradictory statements to the BBB compared to me) and even when I forward them the e-mails he had sent me, they closed the complaint and favored with the business owner. They told me the reason they sided with him is because it was the first and only complaint brought up against them.
Even had they sided with you they have zero authority to actually do anything. Many businesses pay dues to them in order to be members which means they will, in the absence of overwhelming reason not to, side with the business.

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed