View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 11:53 AM   #759 (permalink)
uv_halo
Paintball Ballistician :P

In short, I had just gotten the Marder II to have it gimped a little bit. In my mind, they should try to represent the data of the vehicles as best as they could, based on historical information. I really hope they don't get into the business of 'too many people, are kicking too much butt with this vehicle so, let's turn it down'.

I really love the physics- I watched one tank fall off of a very high bridge and another drown itself in a deep lake.
I fell off a cliff at high speed to suffer heavy damge when I landed but then, I was able to hit the underbelly of a tank that was trying to creep down to take pot shots at me while I was stuck (historically, tank undersides have been terribly weak, I wonder if the game accounts for this?). I then took out another guy as he tried to follow me (impact + my shot = toast).

I'm really noticing an increase of times where I'm getting direct fire but, I can't see who it is that's shooting at me (even in the Marder II). I'm not sure if this is because I'm in a higher tier or, something to do with the physics.

My Camoflage net seems to make less of a difference now, no matter the vehicle.

I like the look of the new tier tree but, like Whee said, I don't like not knowing how much more experience I need.

I'm hoping that the push in money isn't due to too narrow of a profit margin. I've heard that City of Heroes, with it's over 15K active player base is going under- I'd hate to see that happen to this game.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote